User Experience Game Artist
Do you want to be part of the next gaming revolution? We are a games startup based in sunny Barcelona, developing games based on a completely new business model in the games industry – “Play to Earn”. Join us and help us make 2020 the year that changes the games industry forever.
You will assist in implementing solid layouts for our mobile games (in the simulation and management genre, at least initially). You will be tasked with producing assets and designs such as layout, rollout, user-flow, menus, and data visualizations. You will also have input into game design and flow. The role will compliment someone with high motivation and a passion for mobile games. The ideal candidate’s portfolio will contain a selection of complete user interfaces, as well as individual components such as icons, buttons and menus.
- Collaborate closely with the Game Design team to define and create high-impact UI assets for our games
- Conceptualise and design creative solutions based on a Game Design briefing
- Present and defend layouts, icons, menus and user paths to the Product team
- A portfolio showing strong UX/UI design skills
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in the games industry and with game design is preferred, but not required
- Fluent in either English or Spanish. Good communication skills
- Highly proactive, organized, self-driven, a great team player, and always with a smile
What we offer you:
First of all, we can guarantee what bigger games companies cannot – a role of true responsibility with the guarantee of your name attached to a launched game in 2020. You will also be in the ideal position to grow your career and help us lead our UX/UI team as we grow.
And on the practical side:
- A modern, sleek, office space with great views over Barcelona, outdoor terrace, and plenty of communal space to relax.
- Free breakfast on Tuesdays
- Free beer on Thursdays and Fridays (no, really!)
- As much Lavazza coffee, tea, and fresh fruit as you can consume
- If you are new to Barcelona, a network of fellow newbies so you can make friends, contacts, and improve your Spanish (if required!)
Most of all – we guarantee you’ll be working in a small, fun, happy, and focused group of people who are intent on changing the face of the games industry – we dream big!
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, brief cover letter (including salary expectations), and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freeverse is an equal opportunity employer and encourages and values diversity in the workplace.